I've always thought the word Breakfast was funny and then when I came to understand it's root meaning, I thought, "Cool" :-). It means exactly what it says... break fast... as in when you finish dinner you're not actually eating until the next day which is considered fasting, not in a spiritual sense, just plain and simple fasting. So when you eat the next day you're breaking the fast... hence "breakfast". Now this word is so appropriate for today because I haven't blogged in over a month, and so I've decided to blog today which is breaking the "blog" fast. There's no great reason for not having blogged, I just haven't had much to say. Now since most people that come here go to Lindsay's Blog as well, I just figure you'll read most of what I have to write there. In case, you don't however, I'm gonna try and catch everyone up that still comes here...
So last I wrote I was hard at work finishing a HUGE renovation job. We absolutely mastered that house and had it finish three weeks ahead of what we had thought we'd do. This was good in some ways and bad in others. GOOD: it was good because the second last week in July, Lindsay and I went to Ottawa and stayed with my cousin and his wife for a week while we were tourists; and then I had to help my Dad renovate our bathroom when I got home; and then last week Linds and I went to her trailor for a few days and then went to Sault Ste. Marie for a wedding to finish off the week. So if I had work left behind my bosses wouldn't have been too happy. BAD: it was bad because I'm broke now and I could have work the week I was home, and could have been working now, but we're still in between jobs and one of my bosses is supposedly away this week, but I've heard rumors he's home. I just have been too lazy to call and get to the bottom of it. So I'm almost broke, except for like $18 that I've been holding onto in case of emergency... But ah well... it's another one of those "if I hadn't gone away, I'd have excess of money. But the things I did have made memories that I'll cherish forever"... so you pick which is the better or worse... not easy.
So that also basically sums up my past month. I guess I'll think of some memories to share, since that's all I have right now :-) The Ottawa trip was awesome! Very relaxing and lots of fun. Lindsay and I got there around 9pm on Friday July 16th and stayed until Sunday July 25th. We slept in each day and hit museums and restaurants during the afternoon/evening. We spent lots of time with my Cousin's Mark and Carol, and my Aunt Rose and Uncle Paul. They're very cool family. One of the most interesting memories I have is from the Monday: Lindsay and I were walking through a park towards some famous Street Mall when we saw some guy and two girls yelling at each other. The guy and one of the girls proceeded to start beating the crap out of the other girl. At first we were like, "is this real?" and then we realized it was. So I saw another couple watching this fight and I point at the guy and with my hand told him to follow me in to break it up. So the two of us started walking towards the fight and the guy who was fighting look up and saw me coming and started swearing at me. So I told him to stop the fight and walk away. He swore at me some more, saying it was none of my business, to which I told him it was my business :-), at this point the two girls had stop hitting each other and were watching me and the guy who was helping me come towards them... I wasn't being brave at all mind you, I just couldn't let this fight happen, what if one them had a knife and stabbed one of the girls or something... that's just not cool. So I told him again to stop and walk away. At that point the girls got themselves together and they all pretty much walked away... so that was enough excitement for a month.
So we got home okay and the next exciting trip happened not even a week later. On Friday July 30th, after hanging out with The RJ for his birthday, Linds and I headed up to her family Trailor for about four days. We celebrated her birthday and just hung out. I took her out for dinner on her actual birthday up there and we had these incredible pita-nacho's dish that was basically imagine nacho's with all the trimmings, now take out the nacho's and put in baked pita cut up into triangles... it was awesome... but it also filled us right up and then our main meals came and we both ended up feeling bloated and sore :-) lol. Happy birthday baby lol! :-)
Next we went up to The Soo (Sault Ste. Marie) where Lindsay was the Maid of Honour for our friends wedding. I stayed with the Groom Joel, and she stayed with the Bride Amy. It was fun, and the wedding was nice. The best memory of that time though is when the Bride's brother, Grant, who was also staying at joels', and myself stepped outside his apartment while he was gone and got locked out... yup, we're idiots... so we're trying all these options to get back in and finally I'm like "Dude, if we only had a ladder I could break into his apartment through the window... and as luck would have it, we found a big ladder and I broke into his second floor apartment... good times! :-)
So that's basically it, I'm waiting to go back to work now and just relaxing more or less. I have to seriously clean my room, it's disgusting (you have to check out this link, it's not meant to be funny, but I thought it was hilarious) ... so I'll hopefully clean it tomorrow. That's all for now, keep it real!
No comments:
Post a Comment