Geez, it's freakin' beautiful out today! I've had the fortune of being able to be outside a bit so far, and I gotta say, I feel great right now! It's strange, I feel as though I've been asleep for a long time and suddenly have a crap load of energy and excitement. I've never reacted this way simply from the weather. It's great! However, now I just want to ditch work and go toss a frisbee around or something... anything. Even just sit outside somewhere and enjoy the weather. They should make the first beautiful (20 degrees-ish) day of the year an instant holiday. That would be super awesome.
Instead I'm sitting here at my desk, staring out the window, counting down the hours until I'm FREE! I just hope the weather stays a little warmer into some of the evening, but it's certainly gonna go cold pretty quickly, as the evenings are obviously still cold.
So today I start trying to live a healthier lifestyle again food and fitness-wise. I did so last year around mid-January and lasted until roughly the summer time, and managed to lose close to 30 lbs. It just takes resolve and willpower... two things that are fiercely combated by a wonderful love of all things edible... well, most things edible at least. The first time around I found that Subway is actually a WONDERFUL place to have lunch when trying to cut back on the calories and eat healthy. Of course, that means none of that fancy bread, and choosing a sub that isn't super high in calories, like a tuna sub... who'd a thunk it, but it's all the mayo in with the tuna. Anyways, awesomely enough a Club sub, with a little turkey, ham, and roast beef, is super well balanced in terms of calories (protein, fat, carbs), and does a great job filling me up. Then you just get a diet drink or water is even better, and I round it off with the baked lays chips, which taste like cardboard at first, but are super low in calories and meet my snack craving. The trick though, is to find something for lunches that are little easier on the cheque book, but still accomplish the same goal. I used to buy lunch meats and what not, and that can do the trick, but I'm so lazy about getting those basic groceries... ah well.
The next step is getting back to the gym. Lindsay has started going again somewhat regularly, but I've just been SO tired lately, that at the end of the day, I just crash and become vegetative-like... almost catatonic one might say... you know... drooling... involuntary bathroom breaks... ... ... I said too much. Moving on. :-)
I better get back to working now, I've got tons to do.
Confession of the Day: Once, when I was little kid at my friend's house, I was playing with this cool model toy of the starship Enterprise, which made all these cool phaser and photon torpedo sounds... anyways, I dropped it and caused multiple fractures along it's saucer section and warp drive. What I SHOULD have done was brought it to my friend and shown them the wreckage... what I DID do was hid the mass pile of broken plastic that was once the Enterprise behind their dresser, and they never saw it again until MUCH later in life... ah childhood, such a beautiful time. lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment