Sunday, September 26, 2004

Almost There...

So on Monday night when I put in the paperwork for the car I thought everything was gonna go smooth as silk; however, the following days of last week proved to be quite the patience testers. Let's begin, shall we, with the financing. I suppose I just expected everything to go smoothly, so when I learned that my loan needed a co-signer, it just threw me out of my great mood and caused me to panic while I searched for a co-signer. You see I needed everything to go through quickly so that the dealership would secure me one of the remaining ION 2's that are out there, so I needed a co-signer fast! My older brother turned out to be a HUGE lifesaver for me as he offered to co-sign and, after a little paperwork, he came through and the loan was set up. So on Thursday the dealership started searching for my car, and that's when the next ball dropped. I got a call in the evening from them telling me they couldn't find the ION 2 with the features I had signed up for. Now this isn't what bothered me. What bothered me was that they were ONLY looking for an exact model which I didn't expect them to find. I was figuring they'd just search for a bunch and find the closest match to what I wanted. I didn't mind spending a little more money per month. So they had to start the WHOLE search over again, which really pissed me off cuz time was wasting here. So I went down to the dealership with Lindsay and I spoke my saleswoman and their general sales manager (who was a total prick), and basically chewed them out for not doing a better job of securing me a car. Lindsay even mentioned at one point, "Can't you guys look for it in different colours at least?". The guy was like, oh, yeah, well, we didn't know you wanted to look in different colours... to which I responded... "YOU NEVER ASKED ME." And that was my whole point, they were making me do more of the guesswork then they did. So they kept searching and half an hour later they had three options for me.

1. A silver ION 2 with AC, CD player, Power locks, Flangeless Alloy wheels, and a Powered Sunroof for $358/month
2. A Black ION 2 with AC, CD player, Power locks, Power windows, Power Mirrors, a spoiler, and a few other knick-knacks for $369/month
3. A Black ION 3 with tonnes of features for $384/month

What I had wanted was a:
Silver ION 2 with AC, CD player, power locks, and power windows

So I chose number one as it was the cheapest and closest to what I had wanted. Most of my insurance is figured out too, so now I'm just waiting for the car to come in. I can't wait, I'm actually really excited to be getting a powered sunroof! I'll take some pictures when I get the car and post them.

So I'll leave you with a recent brush with fame I had today. I went to the airport to pick my dad up when who came through the arrivals gate??? Julianne Moore. I wasn't 100% sure it was her though, but her face is unmistakable... so I bit the bullet and decided to say hi to her in case she was. So walked up to her, she was dressed like an alternative grunge girl, and I simply said, "Excuse, I couldn't help but wonder if you were Julianne Moore", to which she replied, "Yes, yes I am". So I said,"Cool, nice to meet you", I shook her hand and she replied, "Nice to meet you too". That was basically that, everyone else in the room just stared at me as if I had just done something all of them wished they could do but didn't have the guts to, it was funny :-) So that was that, my dad came through the gates and we took off.

So that's all I really have to say for now, keep it real y'all, peace out.

No comments: