Tuesday, September 21, 2004

CRAZY WEEKS!

Wow this has been a few of the craziest weeks of my life. Crazy good though, not crazy baaaad. As most of you know from Lindsay blog, I've been entertaining the offer to work in her business as an Installer of Sound equipment (i.e. Speakers, Soundboards, Running Wire, etc...), and I recently accepted the offer after meeting with the Boss last week. This in and of itself is crazy for a few reasons. About a month ago now, I began to really fret about my future as in what I want to do for a career. I was working towards going back to school for teaching but the idea really didn't excite me. I didn't feel like Youth Ministry was to be my Career either though, so I was left in a funk. So I started praying about it, asking God to give me some sense of where I'm going: to give me a passion for something that I could do as a career. Passion is what I've been lacking, I was passionless about the options before me. Then out of the blue Lorne calls me up (this is the boss), and says he needs an extra guy to go up to Kincardine for a week to help install a sound system. So I'm like, "For sure, that sounds cool", and it was. He also added, "We need an extra guy for full-time installations, and I was thinking maybe you'd be interested in working for us." To which I thought, "Wow, a career". So we left it at that and I told him I'd see how I liked the job up in Kincardine and we could meet the following week. So I went up, came back, we met, he made a fair offer of starting low and working my way up in the company and the rest will someday be history, but is mainly yet to come :-)

Now if that doesn't make you go, cool. Then this totally will... I GOT A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! This is hugely exciting for me. I never expected to get a car for years and years, but it's a requirement for the job to have my own transportation. Curious what car I got. Here's some pictures...

No comments: