So many moons have passed since the accident... okay, well not even one has actually passed, but you get the point... and everything seems to be working out great! I found out on the weekend from a friend of my Dads that Showcase Autobody is supposedly a bunch of butchers. So I started worrying big time about if I could get my car out of there and fixed up right. I figured I take it one step at a time though, so I called my insurance Broker (an incredible guy by the way whose a long-time friend of my dad's as well) and we chatted about the whole thing. He let me know that even though the police officer deemed me 'not at fault', the insurance people do things differently and could still make it a 50-50. He also recommended that I leave the car with Showcase and assured me that with it being a brand new car, and the fact that they have to keep up a good reputation with my inusrance (they're a preferred shop with AXA), that they likely would give my car special TLC. So I got the damage report from Showcase and it's pretty decent. There's extensive damage, but only to the brunt absorbing components of the car. The inner workings are fine. Still the amount for repairs is $6500 roughly. Crazy eh. So my figuring is that there's not much they can screw up, and if they do I can get AXA to breathe down their necks and make me happy. I'm gonna call back tomorrow to get an estimate on when they'll have her ready to go (the sooner the happier). Anyways, that's it for now, I'll keep y'all posted.
Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment