Saturday, October 23, 2004

Soooo... Yeah.

Top ten things you don't expect to happen to you, number one: someone attempts to pull a U-turn at 40km/h right in front of you while you're going 60km/h... creating a "nothing you could do about it except hit them" situation. Bet you wouldn't expect that... neither did I, but it still didn't stop it from happening to me this evening around 6:45pm.

Lindsay and I were on our way to pick up a bunch of Junior High kids for a youth event (Lindsay was driving a van behind me in my Saturn Ion), when the above happened to me. Pretty much wrecked my evening. My Saturn tooks it's impact really well though I must say. From a naked-eye view it looks scratched and a little out of sorts (the front end that is). The rest of the car is fine, no dinks, dents or scratches. However I felt the wheel alignment all out of whack when I drove my car over to the side of the road, so I'm sure there's lots of havoc behind the exterior of the car. The guy who drove into me was highschool student who moved here from India last year. He was with his mom, and they both right away claimed responsibility, but also wanted to just kinda pay me off. I was like... "no, there are reasons that we call the police in these incidents". So the father quickly got to the scene and tried to convince me not to call the police... of course at this point I had already had Lindsay call the police. So we waited... and waited... and waited... we waited almost 2 hours for a cop to come and fill out a report. We had two Tow-Truck guys waiting with us. I was kinda worried at first about these guys, but they both turned out to be really nice and helpful... at least to me. The let me know I had nothing to worry about as it totally looks like a "no-fault" for me. The one guy who I talked with the most and towed me was super awesome. Anyways, Lindsay had left to do the youth event and left her card as a witness to the accident. So I chatted with the tow guys and with family until the cop showed up. She was really thorough and after surveying the damage alone, determined that I was definitely not a fault (which even though I knew that, and Lindsay knew that, and the tow guys told me that, I still felt a huge relief in hearing the cop tell me), and drew up the accident report. After that I went with the Tow-Truck driver to Showcase Autobody and he hooked me up with a rental car. It's a 2003 Chevy Cavalier... I'm soooo glad I didn't buy one of those... they're kinda not the greatest. But it's a car right. Hopefully I'll have my car back soon... I miss it already.

So I'll have to talk to my insurance guy asap, and figure the rest of the mess out. But it's nice to know that with the No Fault, my insurance won't change and my car will be repaired good as new without a penny coming out of my pocket.

Anyways... that was actually quite therapeutic to write about... It's getting late, I need sleep. I'll keep you all up to date on everything... oh by the way, obviously I'm fine and so was the other party involved, I didn't mention that above so I thought I would now... of course I could always just scroll up and add it in... but then that would mean all this extra writing that I'm doing right now would be a waste of time, so I think I'll just leave it here...

Peace out everyone.

No comments: