Thursday, November 02, 2006

ZZZZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZZ....ZZZZ..ZZZ... eh?

Wow, these past few weeks seem like a blur. There have been days where I've been so exhausted that I could barely organize a single thought throughout that day. It's gotten better lately, but the past few nights have been a little rough. Why is this you may ask? Well if you've been reading Our Wedding Blog, then you'll know that Lindsay and I went out almost three weeks ago and purchased for a very reasonable price a pure bred Coton de Tulear puppydog. He really is the cutest dog ever, really funny and very smart, but boy oh boy!, he's quite the handful.

Now I fully expected that he would be alot of work, but in practice my expectations seem like an understatement. I think it's more the change of lifestyle that turned out to be the real crazy thing. It took us about a week to figure out what routine worked best for both Moses and ourselves... oh yeah, his name is Moses :-) We thought that was an awesome name for a dog. Anyways, that first week was nuts trying to get a routine, basically because Linds and I have never had a dog, and so have been getting all these conflicting opinions from websites and books and people about how to properly take care of the puppy. We finally got a good routine from our Vet, who is awesome, and things started to settle out quite nicely.

So things were going fairly smoothly until Monday night of this week... dun dun dun... Now you have to understand that Lindsay and I are fairly laid back people, who like to just relax, and so Moses has been acting alot like that too. But then Monday night we had Lindsay's parents and youngest brother over for dinner and Moses was very stimulated for an entire evening. Then the next night (halloween night) Lindsay and I went out for dinner at Stagewest with some people from our company. Our awesome friend Rachel came over to our house and dogsat for us, which we really appreciated. Well, who could resist playing with our awesome puppy, and so her and her boyfriend kept him nicely stimulated as well for an evening. Now I don't know if those two evenings in a row has done something, or if he's just changing, but he was NUTS last night. He was more active and playful, and disobedient, than he's ever been. Also the last couple of nights he's been up at night making alot of ruckus in his crate. It's nice that he's entertaining himself, but since his crate is in our room, it wakes me up alot at night (I'm a light sleeper). Anywho. They say that having a puppy is good training for having a baby, and I don't doubt it. I imagine that a baby is more tiring since you're up alot more at nights, but man, at least a baby sits in one place and has a self-contained poop station in his underpants.

At this point, speaking of baby's, I'd like to make a shout out to my good friends' Jon and Fran who just had a beautiful baby boy, and Stafford and Joe who are due to have their baby very soon :-)

Anyways, he's an awesome dog, and I can't wait till he ages and mellows out a tad, cuz I think he'll be so great. Also, after next week we can finally take him out for walks because his first shot will have finally strengthened his immune system, we're excited for that as we think that will help to tucker him out.

FINAL CONFESSION FOR THE DAY: Haggis basically sounds like a big sausage, which in my books makes it something worth trying. Mmmmmmmm, sheep's stomach....

No comments: