Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yes, a Christmas Version!

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hmmmm, Egg Nog for the most part, but some Hot Choco after coming in from snow sledding.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa has a well established Slave trade that does all his wrapping... duh...

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Well, our tree has a combo of blue and white, which looks really styling. Meanwhile, our house has coloured lights cuz plain white (despite their being considered "stylish") are so terribly boring on their own... TERRIBLY BORING! That's right, I said it.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nah, I get plenty of smooches as it is, wink wink.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
As soon as I possibly can, I love Christmas decorations and what not, it brings up such great memories and atmosphere.

6. What is your favorite Christmas dish (excluding dessert)?
I love good stuffing, in my books it completes the whole meal.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
When I was like 7 my parents go me and my brother a Sega game system, only it wasn't under the tree, and we thought we hadn't received one until after all our presents were opened, my Dad said he thought he heard Santa go downstairs. So we rushed downstairs to find one more present... the Sega!

8. When and how did you learn there was no Santa?
How else does every child learn the cruel horrible truths of our world... by reading the encyclopedia. It was great, cuz after we read it, we went and corner our parents and asked them if he existed, they said yes and we popped the encyclopedia on them and called them LIARS!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Ever since I can remember, my brother and I were allowed to open one gift on Christmas eve. We loved that so much, but we would always save the big presents for Christmas day.

10.How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
As mentioned above, with blue and white led lights and blue/white tinselly garland, a smack load of ornaments and a coooooool star on top that had been on top of my family Christmas tree for practically all my life.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Absolutely LOVE IT! I love the way snow makes everything look after a fresh fall, and pulling donuts in parking lots, and making snow men and sledding and ... man, I just like snow. HATE THE COLD, love the snow :-)

12. Can you ice skate?
Like, totally.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Hmmm, it's a toss up... I received the complete series of Monty Pythons Flying Circus on DVD from Lindsay a couple years ago, and if I receive what I hope I MIGHT be getting this Christmas, then it would likely replace the DVD's on the list of all time fav gift.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays?
Family, one hundred percent family. I love both my family and my in-laws, and we split Christmas day between both houses, it's great fun.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
That's a tough one, any desert will usually do, but I had a chocolate cream pie last year that tasted AMAZING.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Well, it's different now that I'm married, before it was waking up early Christmas morning and going downstairs with my bro and opening the little gifts and candy that were in our stockings... then my parents would come down and we'd open the real gifts together. I guess now it's the traditional Egg's benedict with hollandaise sauce breakfast that my Dad makes every Christmas morning after we open gifts.

17. What tops your tree?
As mentioned above, a star with blinking lights that used to be on my family tree.

18. Which do you prefer: Giving or Receiving?
Yeah, I could lie and say giving, but really, honestly, the receiving is WAY more fun :-) To be fair though, as much as I like getting, I like giving ALMOST as much... like getting is a "10" while giving is a "9.2".

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
A snazzed up version of "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear", that song can really rock it out.

20. Candy Canes! Yucky or yummy?
Yummy, except for three year old ones that are starting to mold... quite yuck at that point, wouldn't you say?

21. Favourite Christmas Movie?
"White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Danny Kay... such a good movie, the next one would have to be "A Christmas Story"... did you know that some guy in the states bought the house that the movie was filmed in and restored it to exactly how it looked in the movie and now has it opened as tourist attraction... pretty funny.

No comments: