Thursday, February 12, 2004

KA-RAYZEE!

Man oh man, tonights Survivor was by far one of the most emotional pieces of television I've ever seen. I mean it didn't make me ball or even get teary-eyed, but the impact has just got me all sad and reflective. So for those of you who don't know, one of the Survivors - Jenna Morasco - was feeling all sad all of a sudden cuz her mom was in a Cancer rehab hospital and she got this feeling like her mom was really in for it. I was thinking, she's just looking for a way out cuz it's tough out there, and so she leaves. Then the show let the viewers know at the end that eight days after Jenna had made it to her mothers bedside, her mom died of Cancer... that just blew me away. Anyways, it's just crazy that A)she had the feeling like something bad was about to happen to her mom and it did, and B)none of the other Survivors will have known that her mom actually did die until after the taping of the show was over. Anyways, now onto less depressing topics...

I've been off work for the last two or so weeks while I wait for my boss to nail down some more work for us and it's been SOOOO BORING!!! That's basically why I haven't written anything, cuz I honestly have had nothing to write about. I got some work these last two days, but now it's back to same old same old. I'm sure things will pick up sooner than later, it's just one of those things... I've been reading tonnes though. Mainly these 'Jack Aubrey' Novels about this guy who is a Captain in the British Navy set back in the early 1800's. There's like 20 novels, and they just keep getting better and better and cooler and cooler. They're a bit hard to read, and the first one seems like it's absolutely littered with Homosexual references and inuendo, but you get used to it all and you start to understand what a jib is and a foretopgallentsail is. Useless information I'm sure, but thrilling battle scenes!!! You honestly feel like your standing on the deck with this Captain as he outwits and battles all these ships. There was a movie out a bit ago called 'Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World', that was based on one or two of the novels in the series, and I didn't go see it but now I can't wait till it comes out on DVD.

Final Confession of the Day: I had Wendy's for lunch and it gave me gas............. was that too much information? I'll let you decide :-) Peace out everyone.

No comments: