Friday, January 23, 2004

The Downward Spiral of a Blog...

:-) Hey peeps, it's crazy how the less you blog, the less you want to. When I was working out of home it was a great way to eat up time and so I put so much into it, then I started working full-time in the renovating and obviously had no time really to blog, but then when I get time now it's like I'd rather just read other peoples blogs then put time into this... BUT ALL THIS CHANGES NOW! It's interesting to see though that many blogs start strong and then just taper off into oblivion. Like mine :-)

So I've been off all week waiting for the renovating jobs to start pouring in, but as of yet my boss is still looking to nail down stuff for the jobs he has lined up, so no work for me... which is really not good cause I need a cashflow badly. So with my extra time this week I got a haircut, surfed the net, puttered around and look into schools so I can go back get my education and become a teacher ASAP! My hopes and plans were dashed on Tuesday though as I went to University of Toronto: Mississauga Campus, and looked into their program there. They have a great program and I've decided that's were I want to go. The thing is though that I've been so used to applying to Bible Colleges where you can simply go in April and apply and get in no hassles... however upon learning that Universities stopped accepting admissions back in December, I was instantly reminded of this routine from back in Highschool and now feel myself a moron for not having remembered/realizing this earlier. This stinks cause it means I can't get in until the next winter semester... which is painful cuz I so desperatly want to become a stable income earner so that I can think more about my future with Lindsay and all that great stuff. I know it will all work out in the end, I just hate the pressure to succeed. I've always walked to my own beat and never let others opinion of how I handle my life alter my path, but I tell you, when thinking about a future wife and future kids and having older adults breathe down my back to succeed now now now, it suddenly becomes harder to ignore. Anyways... that's just kinda what's in my head these days. I'm cool though, I can tough this out and the great thing I suppose is once it's conquered and part of the past I can praise God for getting me through this nutty time in my life, which I know he will.

I hope you guys don't mind that this is a long blog, I got lots to catch you up on. :-) Christmas was really great this past year; I got lots of cool stuff. Lindsay got me the best gift this year by getting me the Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus series on DVD. I really wanted this last year but didn't get it, and I figured I'd never get it so I just stopped asking for it... well Lindsay remembered I wanted it badly and so she totally surprised me and got it. We still have like two and a half seasons to finish of them. My brother got me this crazy biography book on the Pythons written by the actual guys, it's huge and I'm still working through that as well. My parents got me the Two Towers DVD for Lord of the Rings as well these really beautiful Icewine Glasses, which you can see if you go to that link and scroll down. Lindsay and I love Icewine after a nice meal or with dessert, so it was a smart choice. The thing that's cool about my family at Christmas time is we don't make lists, we just get each other things we think they'd like and we always do great. This is cool cuz it shows me just how close my family is that we know each other like that. Here's a rundown of things I got for people: Lindsay I got a Digital Camera as many of you may know, and she loves it (which is great); I got my dad a 5-disc DVD player (well I gave him a gift certificate for it at least); I got my Mom this awesome elegant clock from the Bombay Company, and with Lindsay we got my mom some Red Wine glasses; and I got my brother a sweet bottle of Cognac (Hines Antique, for those who care to know what kind). Yup so there's Christmas.

If you want to see more pictures of the finished attic job, go check out my pictures site.

So tonight I have Youth group to lead, were doing an exam break Pancake night... Lindsay and I are gonna make pancakes for them while they chill out and watch a movie or just hang... it's good times :-) Then this Saturday night is sort of a C and C birthday party for myself and this other guy Richard who comes out to our Young Adults group regularly. It should be fun, I hear that The R.J. is baking a cake so I totally look forward to that. Sunday is... well church and I think that's all. Which means I can nap the afternoon away. Especially since there's no football on... MAN I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE SUPERBOWL!!! It should be interesting, provided Carolina shows their stuff like they have been; otherwise it's gonna be really sad watching The Pats rip them in half. I used to have lots of friends who were into football but they're all away at college during this time, so I never have a Superbowl Party to go to anymore. Mah well.

I may start looking for another job... I don't know yet... just a thought that keeps popin' up in my head. One with a more stable pay and if possible more pay. But we'll see.

SO NOW WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR (drum roll) THE FINAL HEAD COUNT FOR HOW MANY TIMES I BUMPED MY HEAD IN THE SIX AND A HALF WEEKS ON THE ATTIC JOB: (more drum roll) 113 times!!! I don't know the breakdown of hard hits vs. mild bumps, but I think it was almost 50-50 (%).

Before I jet, I'd like to pay tribute to one of my most important friends, past life-advisors, and just all round special guy: Jim Ramsay! I hope you still read my blog man! I just have to thank you for everything you've ever done for me in my life. I got your email recently and am just so thankful that we still keep in touch. Just so everyone knows, Jim is a guy from my old church who committed to pray for me practically everyday, as well for my family. He has supported me financially many times in my life and has simply been an all round blessing to know. I pray for you and your family all the time as well my friend, and you can rest assured that you'll always be considered my friend as well have an invite to the my wedding one day :-) That's everything for today folks, keep it real and I'll post again on Monday (I know, you'll have to see it to believe it). Peace out.

No comments: