Friday, January 30, 2004

MEC ARGH!!!

Now for most people this title is a little ambiguous and sketchy, so let me shed some light on the subject: MEC stands for Mountain Equipment Co-op; and ARGH!!! stands for I hate those stupid mind-numbing morons and all the evil they bring into the world for not carrying a continuing line of high-quality cool looking winter boots! You see, I went to MEC on Saturday afternoon all excited to use the $100 gift certificate my girlfriend Lindsay got for me on my birthday and purchase a pair of winter boots. I had the pair all picked out from the catalogue and everything. I haven't actually had a pair of winter boots for about 5 years now, and I am so ready to get a good pair. Well it seems (and I knew this from last year) that MEC has a stock of boots made and that's it for the winter, no more after that stock sells out. See I knew this but had forgotten from last year, and I still thought they'd have some leftover... it greatly displeases me. So now I'm doomed to wait out another winter without boots and use the certificate next year.

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!! That's right folks, tonight my brother and I will be enjoying a nice pair of BOXSEATS to the Raptors game. The Raptors have displeased me this past year with their poor performance despite an all-star like line-up! I couldn't believe my eyes back in November when one of their all-stars, Antonio Davis, was playing poorly. He went on to state in an interview that he was playing poorly cause he had emotional stuff going on in his head and it was hard to focus... TO WHICH I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT, "HOLY CRAP! YOU GET PAID OVER FIVE MILLION!! DOLLARS A STINKIN' YEAR TO DO YOUR JOB, SO I DON'T CARE WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD YOU BIG BABY, YOU START EARNING YOUR FREAKING PAY!!!!!!". To say the least, I was livid. Thankfully the Raps traded him away. Anywho, they are playing decent, but not good, so I hope they perform tonight like they mean it baby. At the very least my brother and I will enjoy free drinks and food: goodtimes! My brother scored these tickets for us as a birthday gift. I gotta jet soon for that.

What else... If you haven't checked out the Terrible Terry Tate video's online yet, you're so missing out. TERRY TATE: OFFICE LINEBACK. Just give 'em your email address and wait about half an hour to get confirmed. They haven't sent me any junkmail or anything so you don't have to worry about that stuff. They're HILARIOUS!!! 'nuf said. A'ight, I thinks I'm outta here... yup, not much else to say, keep it real y'all!

No comments: