Wow, what a great year. I can't really begin to express how blessed I feel with this past year. Everything from relationships to work, to life in general has simply been amazing. I have a kick-ass marriage, our company has done amazing this year netting a decent profit that is supplying some very generous bonuses this Christmas, Linds and I found a new home church, we have the most super-awesome friends, and life in general is just very relaxed. It really just hit me recently cuz Linds and I have a few friends who have not benefited from as great of a year. As they've shared with us their past year, it's made us realize and fully appreciate just how fortunate we've been. (Our entire hearts go out to you guys who have had numerous upsets this year, you guys know who y'all are, we trust that the next year holds better times.)
So having said all that, Linds and I are sooooo pumped for Christmas. It's been a very busy month, and it's been hard at times for me to feel in that Christmas spirit, but on the whole it's been a month of new traditions and experiences. This is our first Christmas as a married couple living together, and so with it comes new way's of doing Christmas and all that. It's been a tonne of fun together shopping, decorating, baking, and watching loads of those AWESOME CHRISTMAS SHOWS that we all remember watching as kids. Linds and I are saving "A Christmas Story" for this Saturday night.
Linds and I will be opening our gifts on Christmas Eve in what has officially become our new tradition for opening each others gifts. I would assume it will stay that way until we have kids, but in the mean time we're really excited to open our gifts from each other. I have to admit that I was seriously thinking that I might be getting an XBOX this year, as I'm craving video games and cash flow has been very good lately. However, that was really a pipe dream that I managed to dispel within myself last weekend when we were giving hints to each other about our gifts. It's good that I dispelled it early, otherwise I probably would have been a little like "umm, so, is there any other gifts hiding somewhere? :-)" on Christmas Eve. It was honestly an unreal expectation, but it's fun to hope :-). Sufficed to say, I'm VERY excited to see what I got for Christmas, even more so since now I haven't ANY idea what she got me. Goodtimes.
Christmas day will be our typical awesome family fun day where we start at my parents house - open gifts and have breakfast, then go to Lindsay's parents house - open gifts and stay the day until dinner is eaten, then we head BACK to my parents house for "Second Dinner"! Then we crash on boxing day from having overeaten! GOODTIMES!
I'm fairly pumped now, especially since it's so close to the day. Work has begun to wind down today, which is nice cuz it has been an INSANELY busy week with churches buying things last minute for Christmas Pageants or just trying to spend their yearly budget before the year is over. Good for business, crazy for us. I finished my last major quote for the year and updated my schedule, leaving me with absolutely no more loose ends, and also not a heck of alot more to do... hence the copious amount of blogging LOL... ahem... so. Tomorrow should be fairly lax, we'll do our year end stuff, backing up company files and what not. Then we'll open our company presents and likely get the afternoon off work. In the evening we'll be having our company Christmas dinner. It's fun cuz we go to StageWest every year and eat a crap load of food. BOOYA CRAP LOAD OF FOOD!
So in closing, I wish a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to y'all!
Final Confession of the Year: Recipe for my creation of a Chocolate Milkshake Martini.
1 1/2 ounces of Amarula
3/4 ounce of Vodka (your choice, but Iceberg Vodka is the schiznit)
A bunch of ice cubes and shaken in a Martini Shaker
Pour and enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment