My wife is officially the sneakiest woman when it comes to Christmas gifts. We had been giving hints as mentioned in my previous post for the gifts we had got for each other, and through her hints (aka bold-faced lies) she had led me to believe that she got me something simple for Christmas. As a trusting husband I completely believed her, so I'm opening my gifts on Christmas Eve from her and the first gift is some DVD's, which I'm like, coool, cuz I love movies. Then I move on to the second gift, fully expecting something like a new electric razor (as the gift size looked like it could be that) and when I opened it, it was a controller for an XBOX 360 and a game... well... I was just plain befuddled. I couldn't make sense of why she would get me two totally useless item when I didn't have the XBO... OHHHHHHH! THEN I GOT IT! :-) So I was like, "WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT?" and she was like, "Upstairs under the guest bed". So I jumped up and ran upstairs to uncover the sweet sweet glory that is a brand new fully loaded XBOX 360. I was so surprised, which is great so I thanked her for her bold-faced lies, cuz they totally made getting the gift that much cooler. So I brought the system down to the basement and set it up, and Lindsay and I played one game before crashing and going to bed. The system is AWESOME! I don't have an HD tv downstairs but it takes component and we have an optical digital audio input on the receiver, so sufficed to say the surround sound and image is sooooooo sa-weet.
Christmas was awesome, a tiring day but alot of fun. We did Christmas morning at my parents house with my Aunt and Uncle, and parents. We got a ton of nice stuff, but the best was the gift that my parents and Lindsay and I got for my Aunt and Uncle. They've had a tough financial time ever since they retired, as they were never able to put any money away, but they're such high quality people, so full of love. So we like to spoil them with the things they can't afford. Two Christmas' ago we got them a DVD player, which made them sooo happy, and even cried a little. This year we did even better and got them a good digital camera. They were sooooo excited and happy, this time they were almost sobbing, which is really one of the most touching things one could ever witness. After that we went to Lindsay parents as planned and received some more nice stuff and had a great dinner, then followed by another great dinner at my parents house. We were so happy to lay down on our bed that night, that's for sure.
So then on Boxing Day, Lindsay and I went out to spend some of our bonus money. We went to a pro camera store and Lindsay got this crazy awesome camera by Panasonic, you can check out our wedding blog for a link to the camera I think. Then seeing as Lindsay got me the XBOX already, which is what I had planned to get, instead I loaded up on games, getting: Ultimate Alliance, Gears of War, Tony Hawk Project 8, NHL '07, and Lego Star Wars II. I also got some lithium batteries for the two wireless controllers I have, and a charging station for them. Finally I also got an extra fan unit that hooks up to the back of the XBOX and pumps in more air to keep the system cooler (as I've heard that one of the drawbacks with the system is that it can overheat) . So that's just plain awesome in Gregg's world.
So that's pretty much all the excitement I can handle for a few months... next big excitement will be our first anniversary, Lindsay and I have been planning to go away for a week on some last minute resort deal... can't wait for that... mmmmmm, free food and drinks in coconuts...
No comments:
Post a Comment