So I've had some downtime this past week as work is slowly picking back up again after the holidays, and I've been mainly using to research some very important things. Namely tropical destinations that Lindsay and I could go to for our One Year Anniversary in March. It's been very exciting looking into the places and imagining a week in a warm tropical place with unlimited food and drink, and just plain good times. We tossed around a few different places, at one point almost booking at a resort in the Dominican but read a bunch of poor reviews, finally ending up booking at a place in Cuba. This is very exciting for two reasons... one, they make good cigars... and two, they make good rum... add those together and that's a good time in my books. Also it's a four star resort that has received far more great reviews than anything else. The name of the resort is The Occidental Grand Playa Turquesa. Here are a few links in case you want to check it out: reviews, pics, a brief write-up, and more reviews and pics. So now the giddiness of waiting until March 2nd begins, as that is when we fly out. This is gonna make concentrating at work tricky now, as my head will be somewhere in Cuba for the next month and a half. Ah well.
I brought our wireless hub into the basement as well to see if we could get wireless from the basement up through the house, and we can. So I think we'll just get a wireless card for our desktop in the study and leave the hub downstairs. We can't get wireless reception in the basement when the hub is in the Study, so that is why we don't just get a wireless receiver for the XBOX360. This should work well. We'll see though.
Nothing else all that interesting happening, sounds like my big bro and his fiance got back from their crazy three-week backpacking across Thailand and surrounding area, which is great. I can't wait to see them in person again to chat about it. We'll see though as I doubt they'll be forking out the cash to fly anywhere else, let alone back here from Calgary, in the near future. Anywho's, later y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment