Wednesday, January 24, 2007

One Track Mind...

So just as last year I was super excited to go to Panama for a two week honeymoon, I am equally as excited right now about our trip to Cuba at the end of February. So much so that it consumes most of my waking thoughts, which actually gets quite distracting... go figure. For example, I'm here at work, and I'm working on a bunch of quotes, and I keep drifting off in my thoughts to Cuba, which leads to me looking for Cuba related information on the internet, which then leads to a fifteen or twenty minute period of wasted work time. Now thankfully I'm good at what I do, and can balance my laziness with efficient worktime... but man, I just can't WAIT TO GO! I'm starting to drift off into vacation mode a whole MONTH before going, and if I can't temper the vacation beast within me, I think I might go a poco loco (little crazy)... see I'm even brushing up on my espanol! Oh Cuba, how I long to lie on your beaches, swim in your warm crystal clear waters, eat your all-inclusive food, drink your native high quality rums, smoke a big fat Cuban cigar, and visit your historically landmarked cities and villages...

Yeah... so... yeah... I don't think I'm gonna last for another month. Lindsay and I are going to save up this year and plan to go oversea's to some European or Asian destination for our vacation next year... if I'm jones-ing this bad for Cuba, I don't know how the heck I'm gonna survive that excitement!

No comments: