Monday, April 26, 2004

Sick... Sick... Sick...

ugh. That's the word of the day... ugh. I had a great weekend at the Church Retreat, tonnes of fun! However yesterday I began to come down with a cold. My throat was sore and only continued to get worse as the day went on. I hoped that a good nights sleep would get rid of it but instead the sore throat got rid of the good nights sleep! I kept waking up with a painful throat to deal with and it kept me up half the night. If it wasn't for my "Fisherman's Friends" - (with friends like those you don't need enemies... you know, cuz they taste so horrible?) - if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have gotten ANY sleep last night. So I woke up at 7am and pondered if I could last a day of manual labour. I called my boss and let him know I was sick and he just told me to go back to bed and get through it, then come back to work. So I did. I slept as much as I could today and then just did the usual sick stuff... drank gingerale... ate chicken noodle soup... watched movies... BORING! You know when I was a kid I loved sick days, now I can't stand them cuz I feel lousy and I'm missing work (no work, no money). bah.... humbug.

The other thing I hate about being sick is you're supposed to drink TONNES of fluids, and I do... however the result is you have to pee TONNES of fluids :-)lol *warning - slight exageration about to commence* It's like you go bathroom, and 20 minutes later you gotta go again.

Anyways, I plan on working tomorrow even if I'm still sick... I just hope I'm not. That's all for now peeps, later.

No comments: