Thursday, November 13, 2003

Things that make you go hmmm...

Well it's Thursday night (man did this week go fast or is it just me), and I'm trying to think of something to write while I wait for some pictures to come through by email - pictures of the two houses I've worked on so far. As soon as it's uploaded I'll post a link. I've had a ho-hum couple of days, nothing really crazy... I guess. Well, I think crazy things happen in my life so much that I don't really ever notice anymore... but now that I think of it, I can see a few things worth mentioning.

This house that I've been working on for the last week and a half has a garage unit in the backyard that was built by my boss and his partner a month ago or so. The next-door neighbor has been telling them the whole time how nice it looks and being all supportive of the project, then this last week he starts measuring the garage unit and has started complaining that it's roof hangs over the property line onto his property. So he wants it cut back off his property... the jerk... IT HANGS OVER BY AN INCH!!! (if any at all). It's sad because our client has referred this neighbor (who is an electrician) to over ten clients this past year that have been $10,000 - $12,000 jobs each!!! And if you didn't think he could be a bigger jerk, it turns out that while my Boss and his partner were building the garage unit, they received a complaint from the city permits people (which was cleared up right away) and this neighbor was all like, "What kind of person would complain about this garage your building, it's so great looking"...... IT TURNS OUT HE WAS THE ONE WHO CALLED THEM A MONTH AGO!!! So we'll see how it turns out, cuz appearantly his eavestrough hangs WAY THE HECK over our clients property line, and she'll use that against him... it's sad how petty things can become.

Another interesting thing is tomorrow is Lindsay and My two year dating anniversary. We're going to the Barber House Restaurant for dinner and will likely do something cheaper and relaxing afterwards (cuz we po, but willing to splurge for occasions like this).

HOW 'BOUT THIS WEATHER??? For any who live in Peel Region, man wasn't it crazy today. Those winds were insane, I can't wait for the first big snow storm... I know they can be such a pain and all, but I'm such a sucker when it comes to watching snow fall and seeing how the city looks right after it falls.

Final Confession of the Day: When I used to flick around channels and see one of those Home Renovation shows on, I'd watch for two seconds becoming bored out my mind and would quickly change the channel... Now that I actually work as a Home Renovator for a living, I CAN'T STOP WATCHING THESE SHOWS!!! I love them now, I love watching the decisions they make and seeing how they do all this cool stuff... you see, I even said COOL stuff... I even started reading the Home Depot Catalogue to see what they offer and what would look good. Maybe most of you already think this is cool stuff without having done Renovations, but I didn't and now I LOVE THIS STUFF! Adios, till later.

No comments: