Monday, November 10, 2003

To Matrix, or not to Matrix... that is the question.

So I saw the final Matrix movie this weekend, and unfortunately the more I think about it, the more disappointed I am. It's not that I didn't think it was a good movie or that it didn't bring closure or anything like that. Everything was as I expected it to be, but that's where it's disappointing... You see I didn't expect very much of it. HANDS DOWN: The Matrix part one was and always will be one of the most incredible, well-made, well-thought out, thought provoking, cutting-edge, awe-inspiring pieces of art ever to grace the world of Cinema. It was able to generate this "Holy crap that was so undiscribably good" atmospheres. When you watched it for the first time you were blown away by it, and every other time watching you just learned more and more about what was going on in the movie - appreciating more and more this amazing philosophical, culture crashing perspective it generated. When Matrix: Reloaded came out it had high expectations, and well deserved too. It showed some glimpses of the beauty of the first part, but undeniably fell short of generating that same feel. *Now most fans stick up for this as saying it's because the first part breaks that mold of being blown away, however I disagree strongly. It simply did not delve deep into the recesses of the mind, or capture your undivided attention like the first part did*. As a fan I was willing to deal with what was given from the second in high hopes that the final installement would provide the proper respect that the original part demanded. Now before seeing the movie I read ONE review only, and it pretty much allowed me to come down to earth and realize "no, the last one will be much like the second, and nothing more". The review didn't reveal much, but it did hint about the kind of closure we would be getting, and that was enough to lower my expectations. So I saw the Third one and wasn't angered by it or really disappointed. But I am disappointed that I couldn't expect more from it, cuz if I had I know now that it would not have delivered. In my opinion the First Matrix will forever remain a work of art, it just saddens me that I couldn't have the satisfaction of considering the rest of the trilogy in the same category. So there's that rant! :-)

The weekend was fun, relaxing and all that great stuff. I was tired this morning though despite a nice nights sleep. Work was fun today, worked outside in the beautiful sun which really took away all the chill in the air. So that was nice. I feel like I could be getting a cold though; it's been coming on since Friday and it doesn't seem to want to strike hard yet or go away... it's just lingering. We're almost done on this house, I'm hoping to bring the Bruzza's digital camera in tomorrow to take some shots, just cuz. Sooooooo..... That's all I can think of right now, I gotta go grab my laundry out of the dryer and then have a quick shower before the Girlfriend comes over.

Final Confession of the Day: Always remember to "spill some for the dead homies". (a crazy gangsta slang that Mikey Kaz introduced to me awhile ago, I thought it was actually cool to say now considering Remembrance Day is tomorrow)

No comments: