Monday, October 20, 2003

Pool of Beer...

Have you ever noticed how when you go on vacation or something, by the time you get back, you're so stinkin' tired that you wish you had a vacation so that you could rest up from the vacation you just took? My weekend was kinda like that. Went to a friends b-day party on Saturday night, but nothing really of note happened. I got him this book about how to survive all these worst case scenario's. It's hilarious! THE BOOK TEACHES YOU HOW TO HOTWIRE A CAR! For real! How cool is that?

My Brother went to Oktoberfest this weekend which I thought was really cool! I haven't been but I've always wanted to go. He told me that him and his friends were basically standing in a one-inch pool of beer the whole time though. Mental Note: DO NOT WEAR SANDALS TO SUCH AN EVENT! So I thought it was so cool that he went that I mentioned it here.

So here I find myself on Monday. For those of you who don't know, I currently work as a Youth Pastor for The Meadows Church, but I need to find a different job, full-time, so I can get some better cashflow going. Working for a church doesn't really pay the bills, and I need to save up to go back to school and pay off some other debts like past OSAP and what not. So I've been looking for a month now and working for the church at the same time. It's tough to find a decent paying full-time job out there. I was talking to my Investment Analyst about it and she said that it's likely 'cause the economy isn't doing so great despite our strong loonie. I just hope to get a job soon!

Final Confession of the Day: My Uncle Kenny was over last night and he recently was suffering from Leukemia that went into remission (thank God, hope it stays in remission) and he was mentioning that of all these crazy pills he was taking, one type claims that in like 1 of 10 patients that use it regain their natural hair colour! The man had the whitest hair ever and it's starting to go back to it's natural Orange-red! So my thought is that there's gotta be a market out there for these wonder pills*.

*no guarantees the pills will work of course :-)

I'm outta here.

No comments: