Saturday, October 18, 2003

Reloaded

Wow I'm tired! It's 2:25am and I just finished watching The Matrix: Reloaded with my brother Scott. I totally had no intention of staying up after Lindsay went home around midnight, but then my brother came home and he had just bought Reloaded on DVD, and man I had no choice but to watch the movie. I'd be stupid not to. But now I'm wrecked. Have you ever noticed how when you were in those later years of your teens (i.e. 16-19) you could stay up practically the entire night, no problem at all! Now it's like BAM! bedtime gramps. Now I know I'm only 22, so it's not like I'm old or anything, but I swear age must be taking its toll cause I can't stay up past 1am anymore without being a zombie, let alone pull an all-nighter. I had a hilarious conversation with my Uncle Bob a few months ago where he informed me how as he has gotten older, it's so hard for him to get a good night sleep anymore cause he has to pee like every hour! :-) Is that what I have to look forward to? Sleep deprivation caused by a bladder that every guy makes fun of girls at our age for having. NO THANK YOU! Diapers for grown-ups, YOU GOT YOURSELF A POSTER BOY! in about 35 years time. :-) Now maybe not everyone gets as tired like me at this age, but whatever it'll catch up to you at some point I'm sure.

Anyways, this passing night I held my kick-off Junior High event for the Meadows Church Youth. It was pretty good, I am so thankful to have had Lindsay to help out with the event as it was basically all a bunch of pre-teen girls that came out for the movie night event. They had a crazy good time, but behind the scenes was a different story. The place we were meeting at was supposed to be vacant and ready to let me in to set-up the LCD projector, stereo sound etc... for 7:15pm; there were people there but they had promised they would leave by this time when I asked if we could use the place a few days earlier. THESE PEOPLE STAYED UNTIL 8:30pm! which really screwed everything up cause I had a bunch of kids waiting outside in the cold while I had to use some brain power to figure what to do with the circumstances. They had a free room there that wasn't really equiped for projectors and what we had arranged, but I brought the kids in there anyways and Lindsay led them in this icebreaker name game that they LOVED!, while I hooked up the equipment using whatever means the room offered. I had to plug the sound output from the DVD player INTO A STINKIN' GUITAR AMP that was lying around, there was nothing else. The pizza came and we settled in. After that everything went fine, I was very thankful for that fact. But I wasn't impressed with the people who said they would leave and ended up staying way later. Anyways, this is quite the rant, sufficed to say everything turned out to be just as good as it could be (maybe not as easy, but just as good). So that's it, leave some comments and let me know you came to check out the site! I'm off to bed.

No comments: