Monday, October 27, 2003

Thus Ends...

Well today marked a beginning but also an end. The beginning of a new job, new experiences, and the next stage of my plan to save up and go back to school full-time next September; however, it marks the end of my year and a half stint as a youth "Pastor" (I'll continue on as the Youth Co-Ordinator, volunteer basically). It's kinda sad, but since I'll still be doing practically the same work, just a volunteer, it doesn't feel like a big deal. Today was AWESOME though, I went to some old British ladies house to help finish off her kitchen (which is where I'll be working for the next week) and did some pretty neat tasks. I did a fair amount of dry-walling and some of the other grunt work (i.e. taking wallpaper off the wall and removing door-frames), which I have no problem doing as I enjoy most of this stuff. So that was my first day!

I'm so pooped now though, I'm totally ready for bed anytime soon.

My weekend was pretty average, the highlight though was we went and played Bingo on Saturday night for our College and Careers event. It was awesome, I made a total idiot of myself! During the very first game (take into account that I've NEVER played bingo before) I had a full line on one of my cards and I thought that meant I could call Bingo.... so I yelled in a very excited voice "BINGO"!... whereupon my hopes and dreams were crushed by my friend R.J. telling me "NO GREGG, NO, YOU DON'T!" You see the round we were playing was the first to have the shape of a 7 on their card could yell Bingo... So I immediately called out "Nevermind, I don't have one, I'm just a little Stupid!". This comment got rave reviews though as the ENTIRE ROOM lit up with laughter. :-) So yeah, it was Goodtimes!

I think that's it, I'm just waiting for Lindsay to finish her Mid-term and then I'll Chillax with her, then go to sleep, and wake up to start my Second day. That's all for now, I'll try to add something more witty tomorrow so I don't bore you to death and make you never want to check out my site again. Bye for now!

No comments: